Beyond Research: Creative arts in the impact, engagement and innovation agenda conference
Australian Council of Deans and Directors of Creative Arts presents:
Beyond Research: Creative arts in the impact, engagement and innovation agenda
Friday 22nd of September 2017, 11am - 4pm
The Grant Street Theatre, Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne.
- Professor Paul Gough, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Vice President, RMIT College of Design & Social Context
- Professor Joanne Tompkins, Executive Director for Humanities and Creative Arts, Australian Research Council
- Dr Tim Cahill, Associate Director, Advisory, KPMG
- Professor Clive Barstow, Executive Dean, Humanities and Creative Arts, Edith Cowan University
- Professor Cat Hope, Head of the Sir Zelman Cowan School of Music, Monash University
- Professor Su Baker, DDCA President
Full Program [PDF 417kb]
The conference will feature presentations and Q & A panel discussions with experts who each bring their own perspective to the question of how tertiary creative arts can showcase their contribution to the research, engagement and innovation agenda beyond the research definitions and metrics that have been much of the focus of tertiary artists to date.
The DDCA AGM will occur before the symposium from 9:30-10:30 am. All financial members are welcome to attend.
We welcome attendance by academic staff and postgraduate students involved in tertiary creative arts from any creative arts discipline, academic level or institution. Attendance is free but registration is essential for catering purposes.